If you’re in a jam and need a quick, easy and delicious side dish – this one can be made in less than 10 minutes and is a crowd-pleaser. It’s a spin on elote (Mexican grilled corn), which is the best way to eat corn. The creaminess of the feta and mayo gets cut by the citrusy punch of the lime and sweetness of the corn. And if fresh corn is not in season, frozen corn (and specifically Trader Joe’s fire-roasted frozen corn) is a good substitute.
- 1 bag frozen corn or ~3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 tbl unsalted butter
- 4 tbl crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbl mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbl sriracha (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add corn kernels, tossing once or twice. Cook about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix together feta cheese, mayo, cilantro, garlic, paprika, lime juice and sriracha.
- Combine with corn kernels and adjust seasoning to taste.